[b-hebrew] Re: EREB-BOKER in Daniel 8:14

George F. Somsel gfsomsel at juno.com
Fri Jun 25 16:09:49 EDT 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:18:55 -0500 "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph at email.com>
writes:
> Dear Eduard:
>
> I have a bad habit, that of browsing in bookstores, libraries and
> now on line, finding what I think are bits of unimportant but
> interesting (to me) trivia but forgetting the sources where I found
> them. Later, when I find that the bit a trivia is more than just an
> intellectual tickle, I am no longer able to give credit where credit
> is due.
>
> However, when doing a googlewhack for "Antiochus Epiphanes" temple
> desecration Jerusalem  I found that there are many people who have
> made the same connection.
>
> Sorry, I can’t help you more. If I find it again, I’ll get back to
> you.
>
> Karl W. Randolph.

_________

I assume that this is in reply to the question regarding the insertion of
an intercallary month to make the total of "evening-morning"s come to
2,300 for the period of the desecration of the temple.  The problem is
that there is no way to make it come to such a total using a 12 month, 30
day calendar.  Naturally, if it were a 365 day year it would be closer,
but there would be no need for an intercallary month.  Also, even
supposing an intercallary month were used, there would be no more than
one month intercalated in a 3 yr period.

gfsomsel