[b-hebrew] Re: EREB-BOKER in Daniel 8:14

Eduard C Hanganu eddhanganu at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 08:15:28 EDT 2004

Dear Karl:

Could you please mention the study you referred to concerning the time
calculation of the desecration of the temple? I would be very interested to
read it, too.

Regards,

Eduard

From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph at email.com>
To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: EREB-BOKER in Daniel 8:14
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:46:45 -0500

Dear Eduard:

As gfsomsel wrote, this is connected with the time of “the desecration of
the temple by
Antiochus Epiphanes” as recorded in Maccabbees.

Notice, unlike Genesis 1, this does not say days, rather evening mornings,
one for each missed sacrafice. According to a study I read recently, if one
includes leap months used to make the calendar match the solar cycle, the
time comes to the exact time of the desecration of the temple, to the day.

Karl W. Randolph.