[b-hebrew] Re: EREB-BOKER in Daniel 8:14

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Jun 22 17:46:45 EDT 2004

Dear Eduard:

As gfsomsel wrote, this is connected with the time of “the desecration of the temple by
Antiochus Epiphanes” as recorded in Maccabbees.

Notice, unlike Genesis 1, this does not say days, rather evening mornings, one for each missed sacrafice. According to a study I read recently, if one includes leap months used to make the calendar match the solar cycle, the time comes to the exact time of the desecration of the temple, to the day.

Karl W. Randolph.