[b-hebrew] Offend/dealt corruptly - chet bet lamed (nehemiah 1:7)

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Jun 22 17:17:33 EDT 2004

Dear Reinier:

If I were a vitner, I would like to have foxes around. Foxes don’t ruin vineyards, but they do hunt and catch things like mice, rats, moles and other things that do ruin vineyards. If I remember correctly, they even like to eat caterpillars. Foxes are also small, so the only human crops they threaten are newborn lambs and fowl.

I see this verse calling for holding onto the little foxes connected to (tied to) the vineyard as a way to protect the vineyard and help it flourish.

Karl W. Randolph.