[b-hebrew] Shva merahephet

VC vadim_lv at center-tv.net
Tue Jun 22 14:31:20 EDT 2004

Dear all,

Does anybody know of decent theoretical study on shva merahephet, whether a book, Internet publication, or perhaps a synopsis?
I mean, lexicological explanation beyond the mere fact that the concept of shva merahephet explains known anomaly?

Perhaps you would also know when the use of dagesh in segollate (is this the correct word in English?) was first documented? That is, do we have extra-Masoretic spelling with dagesh in lamed?

By the way, speaking on the earliest documented usage, do you happen to know when suffix hem (haf-mem) first became stressed?

Sincerely,

Vadim Cherny