[b-hebrew] Offend/dealt corruptly - chet bet lamed (nehemiah 1:7)

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Mon Jun 21 18:04:59 EDT 2004

On 21/06/2004 14:23, Karl Randolph wrote:

>Peter:
>
>Now we are getting back into a discussion of the evolution of the Hebrew language. I thought that was off list.

No, this is evidence for understanding of Hebrew from cognate languages.
That is a well established method of understanding Hebrew which cannot
be ruled out of order on this list.

>I disagree.

I thought you would. But if you do, you have to account for how there
are two different Arabic roots corresponding to this one Hebrew one -
and similarly with very many other Hebrew roots.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/