[b-hebrew] Ps. 104:12 - (P)YM

Trevor Peterson 06peterson at cua.edu
Sun Jun 20 06:58:30 EDT 2004

Compare Syriac `ufyo and the corresponding verbal root `p', meaning to
bloom or flourish. We also get the noun in Biblical Aramaic, with
reference to the tree in Nebuchadnezzar's vision, as I recall. I agree
with George that they're pretty clearly not the same word and that the
writer probably intended a play.

Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics