[b-hebrew] Isaiah 7:8 "rosh"

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Thu Jun 17 13:50:38 EDT 2004

Chemorion:

”Head“ also refers to leader, as in Exodus 6:14, 25, Numbers 14:4 and many other verses.

I don‘t know of anywhere where ”head“ can mean ”to rely on“.

Isaiah 7:8 is at least semi-poetic, and in a poetic style emphasized that the head (leader) of Aram was Damascus, and the head (leader) of Damascus Rezin, in a context where almighty God is the head (leader) of Judea, therefore Rezin could attack only with the permission of God.

Karl W. Randolph.