[b-hebrew] Masoretic Text - scribes faithful to the text

Philip Engmann phil-eng at ighmail.com
Wed Jun 16 17:40:23 EDT 2004

> (although I argue elsewhere that LXX as a whole did not exist still in
the 1st century CE)

hmmm..
One vital point is that what is called the LXX is often diffuse and
diverse and rather dubious manuscripts from 350 AD and later.  A text
that could have been subject to lots of corrupt alexandrian "Christian"
scribe "smoothing" to match the NT, among other problems.  And yet these
texts are discussed as if it they were used, even in Israel, 300 years
earlier !   This I believe is a primary presumption blunder of much
Scriptural
scholarship.  Floyd Nolan Jones discusses it some in a book on the
web...

Is there any reference for Floyd Nolan Jones's book on the web?
Philip Engmann

Shalom,
Steven Avery
Queens, NY