[b-hebrew] Re: Eden and Flood

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Wed Jun 16 04:20:01 EDT 2004

David:

It is not surprising that the only references to Eden are in the Bible, there is a difference between its description antediluvian and postdiluvian—the postdiluvian references lack the geographic specificity of the antediluvian references. In Isaiah, Ezekiel and Joel, it is used as a picture of a fruitful land, not as a then existing physical location.

(The New Testament, in 2 Peter 3:6, the claim exists that the earth was destroyed by water. Was that belief a widespread Jewish belief, or specific to Christianity?)

Karl W. Randolph.