[b-hebrew] Eden

Michael Banyai Banyai at t-online.de
Wed Jun 16 04:02:00 EDT 2004

Dear Karl Randolph,

discussing with my father, who is now a retired professor for Physics at the Goethe University of Frankfurt, we convened that history is no science or at least nothing to which applies the definition of science stricto sensu.

Making verifyable predictions in science allways involves the future and not the past tense. Predictions about the past are no predictions stricto sensu, or if you wish to call them predictions you need a new definition of the word.

In fact this discussion doesn´t seem to make any sense for somebody involved in history. He is probably working in a discipline in which only partially the exigence of scientifical working applies.

In the end, does it seem to me, that such a discussion is of little interest for the discipline.

Best regards,

Bányai Michael
Stuttgart