[b-hebrew] Eden

Jack Kilmon jkilmon at historian.net
Tue Jun 15 09:55:24 EDT 2004

-----
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk at qaya.org>
To: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph at email.com>
Cc: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 4:47 AM
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Eden

> On 14/06/2004 22:19, Karl Randolph wrote:
>
> >Dear Peter:
> >
> >Now that you bring in science……

> >This is not a claim that ”creation science“ is science. It is not science
for the same reasons evolution is not science.

> I agree with you, more or less. Certainly evolution in terms of
> mechanisms is no more scientific than creationism because both are based
> on unfalsifiable speculation.

Again, as a scientist AND a Semitist, I will resist the temptation to
address ignorance of science in a forum designed for the discussion of
linguistics.  I will only correct the error....the Theory of Evolution is
indeed falsifiable, otherwise it would not be elevated to the level of
certainity of a theory.  It is just that after 150 years of collective FACTS
that the theory explains, not ONE has YET falsified it.  Hopefully, y'all
know a LOT more about Hebrew than you do science.  Let's stick with the
Hebrew.

Jack