[b-hebrew] Limmuday (Isa 8:16)

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Tue Jun 15 03:21:03 EDT 2004

Shai,

My guess is that Christian translations read "Lomedai", and understood this
as meaning that the "teaching" (about Immanuel) would be "sealed" until the
days of Jesus' desciples (although I don't know of a NT quote of this
particular verse). What does JPS have? Your translation makes perfect sense
to me.

Yigal