[b-hebrew] Eden

Robert K Brumbelow lomeint5 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 06:03:28 EDT 2004

On Jun 14, 2004, at 4:34 AM, Peter Kirk wrote:

> On 12/06/2004 12:28, Karl Randolph wrote:
>
>> The problem of locating Eden is the extent of the flood under Noah.
>> If it was world wide, as the text says, then, according to experts in
>> hydrology, it would have completely rearranged the surface of the
>> earth, effectively destroying the original Eden. ...
>>

> According to experts in geology, it would not have done - a one year
> long flood would certainly not have rearranged the continental plates,
> although it would have caused extensive erosion. For that matter,
> according to experts in geology, and chemistry and particle physics,
> there could not have been a world wide flood because there is simply
> not enough water in and around the earth's crust, and atoms don't
> simply disappear.
>
> So it comes down to which experts you prefer to trust; or else you
> accept that the world wide flood was a miraculous event, in which case
> no scientific experts' opinions on it count for anything.
>

> --
> Peter Kirk
> peter at qaya.org (personal)
> peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
> http://www.qaya.org/

Peter,
	You can say that, yet I have been in the mountains in Colorado and in
the Alps and in both places I have found sedimentary rock. That to me
is pretty strong evidence of a world wide flood. Further I live in
North Central Texas hundreds of miles from the nearest coast and
hundreds of feet above current mean sea level where almost all of our
stone deposits are sedimentary. Now my understanding is that
sedimentary rock only forms under a liquid such as water. I would not
be so quick to divorce faith and science. it has been my own personal
experience that when one is in conflict with the other its because of a
misunderstanding or bad facts.
			Cheers
				R. Kelly Brumbelow
		I'll go back to lurking now :)