[b-hebrew] on-line courses on biblical Hebrew

Dora Smith villandra at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 13 03:52:47 EDT 2004

Yup.   I actually printed out a collection of them.

http://www.bible101.org/hebrew/101.htm.  Summary of basic grammar.

Quartz Hill School of Theology online courses; I didn't write down the url.
About a third of the course was there last time I looked.

Ancient Hebrew Research Center; Learn Hebrew, series of lessons.   Only the
first few lessons are there.

Solomon Deutsch, New Practical Hebrew Grammar, 1868; online at
http://name.umdl.umich.edu/AFF6775.    A typical advanced "basic" Hebrew
grammar.

None of these beat investing in a couple of books, like First Hebrew Primer
(for those who like excercises) and Teach Yourself Biblical Hebrew (for
those who prefer to learn by osmosis and then translate a few sentences).

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas
villandra at austin.rr.com