[b-hebrew] Re: BH - one language? (was:Job & Sumer)

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Sat Jun 12 19:07:39 EDT 2004

Dear Noam:

Ever since I was young I was told that Job was difficult to read, but
since I started reading it without points, it strangely seems easier.
In fact, it is easier than some of the other books, with an occasional
verse that takes some thinking. I find that I can read most of it
without problems, or even looking up lexemes in a lexicon.

But that is after realizing that poetry is more difficult to read than
prose, as a matter of rule.

I find that the Hebrew of Job is pretty standard Hebrew for poetry.

Karl W. Randolph.