[b-hebrew] The DikDukBuk

wesley4christ wesley4christ at blackplanet.com
Sat Jun 12 17:47:24 EDT 2004

Hello,
     Has anyone been to this site?  http://www.learnhebrewisrael.com/
The Rabbi has a unique system for learning Hebrew.  I believe that it is modern Hebrew that he teaches.  He also wrote something called the "DikDukBuk."
     After listening to one of the sample lessons, I have three questions.

1.  I have had Biblical Hebrew one and two in Seminary.  Is modern Hebrew much different?  I am considering learning modern Hebrew and I wanted to get an idea of what I am up against.

2.  This Rabbi says that there are 12 Hebrew constants that can "ONLY" be used as part of the root of a word.  He says that whenever you see one of these constants that they must be part of the root.  I do not remember ever hearing this before.  Is this true with Ancient Hebrew as well as modern Hebrew?

     Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Mark Thompson
BlackPlanet.com free e-mail - http://www.blackplanet.com/Registration/
The World Is Yours.
Check out our Special Introductory Offer - E-mail Forwarding for just $5.95 per year!