[b-hebrew] Re: Job & Sumer

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Fri Jun 11 15:47:03 EDT 2004

On 11/06/2004 10:43, George F. Somsel wrote:

>Oh, I'm quite sure that was the reason the rabbis of the talmudic times
>considered Job to have been written early, but why is it repeated today
>as though it were gospel rather than simply as an historical note?

George, I don't remember anyone in this discussion stating an early date
as anything like gospel. Even Herm wrote "I think". The only confident
assertion ("slam-dunk") which anyone has made is David's that it was
late and dependent on Sumerian material. You seem to be attacking a
straw person here.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/