[b-hebrew] Job

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Thu Jun 10 13:08:04 EDT 2004

Here's the part that has always bugged me: how do you know that these other
poems aren't renditions or derived from a very old Job story?  I know it's
chic to assume that the HB came last, but I've never seen a good basis for
such assumptions.  For that matter, why not conclude that such a theme was
popular in the ANE and several cultures built stories around it?  There are
lots of ways to look at this.