[b-hebrew] OT: a link about Modern Hebrew

VC vadim_lv at center-tv.net
Tue Jun 8 09:21:20 EDT 2004

>>I may understand when the earliest Christians, not well-acquianted with
the
>>Tanakh, put much stock in the title messiah. But I'm puzzled why this
title
>>is of importance to you.
>You seem to have a misunderstanding about who the earliest Christians were.
The earliest Christians were Jews.  Gentiles were not initially included in
the membership of the church. While it is true that some of them may not
have been well versed in the scripture, some of them were very well
educated.<

Surely, very odd Jews those have been. They did not know Tanakh, cited
garbled quotations of the verses the should have studied in childhood (if
you know about bar Sheta reforms) and were unobservant. Wishful thinking

Sincerely,

Vadim Cherny

Sincerely,
Michael Abernathy