[b-hebrew] The islands

Reinier de Blois r.de.blois at solcon.nl
Tue Jun 8 07:31:56 EDT 2004

OK, let me give you another one. Jer 25:22: "all the kings of Tyre, all
the kings of Sidon, and the kings of the )IY across the sea." This is
more likely to be a coastland than an island.

An even more convincing one is the one I already mentioned in an earlier
contribution: Isa 20:6 "and the inhabitants of this )IY will say ..."
This refers back to the people of Ashdod mentioned in verse 1.

Best wishes,

Reinier de Blois