[b-hebrew] OT: a link about Modern Hebrew

Michael Abernathy mabernathy at isot.com
Tue Jun 8 07:21:52 EDT 2004

>I may understand when the earliest Christians, not well-acquianted with the
>Tanakh, put much stock in the title messiah. But I'm puzzled why this title
>is of importance to you.
You seem to have a misunderstanding about who the earliest Christians were.  The earliest Christians were Jews.  Gentiles were not initially included in the membership of the church. While it is true that some of them may not have been well versed in the scripture, some of them were very well educated.
Sincerely,
Michael Abernathy