[b-hebrew] Verbal Root - CHET-RESH-MEM

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Jun 7 18:24:38 EDT 2004

Dear Reinier de Blois:

I understand this verb to refer to sentencing something to destruction, which for living things is a sentence of death. For something devoted to the Lord, to the giver it is the same as dead or destroyed in so far as he can no longer make use of it.

Is there connection between this and a (fish) trap?

Karl W. Randolph.