[b-hebrew] OT: a link about Modern Hebrew

VC vadim_lv at center-tv.net
Mon Jun 7 06:02:26 EDT 2004

Dear Karl,

>For me the text is paramount, theology be damned.<
This ideal is unrealizable when we have to choose the plausible meanings out
of several grammatically possible.

> I have run into Jews who are just as tied to theological assumptions that
restrict their translations as the most unthinking Christian<
I was talking of a different thing. Jews assume an axiom A (TNK). Christians
assume axiom A (TNK) + axiom B (NT). Therefore, Christian approach requires
more assumptions, and is weaker; that doesn't mean that Jewish
interpretation is perfect.

Sincerely,

Vadim Cherny

> Karl W. Randolph.