[b-hebrew] Gen 1:2

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Sun Jun 6 21:42:31 EDT 2004

Dear Harold:

First, I want to commend you for your strong stand for the original reading of the text. However, this particular debate is not central to the faith.

While reading Tanakh through time and time again, I first started adding notes to the margins of my dictionaries, then expanded them to a full fledged dictionary because I noticed the dictionary meanings did not match my experiences in learning modern foreign languages nor the definitions I could recognize by checking a concordance with every occurrance of a term (update on my dictionary: it is still keyed to the Online Bible font (download from http://www.onlinebible.com) but I had to change it to a MS Word document. It is MS Word 5.1 on the Macintosh, which can be read by MS Word 98 (presumably also MS Word 97 on Windows™ or later). It is about a half a Meg in size (MacWrite Pro limited documents to half a Meg) which I will send for private, noncommercial use upon request. It is still a work in progress.). So it is with this term: the reason I asked the question as to its definition is because RXP dictionary meaning is forced, at best, and wrong, at worst, when it refers to
  flight.