[b-hebrew] Gen 1:2

Harold R. Holmyard III hholmyard at ont.com
Sun Jun 6 08:34:26 EDT 2004

Dear Yigal,

Oh boy....

HH: Right.

>How conceited! That God would reviel to Moses what only WE (or YOU) can
>understand!

HH: Right.

>  > 2)  God is light, and in Him is no  darkness
>
>Who said?

HH: This comes from the New Testament:

1John 1:5 ¶ This is the message we have heard
from him and declare to you: God is light; in him
there is no darkness at all.

>Where did
>  > God  have to go in order to find darkness?
>>  3)  Suppose the "seven days" are not in  chronological order?
>>  Jesus gave a  different order in the gospels.
>
>Jesus (or the Evangelists) were well aquainted with the midrashic concept of
>"there is no early and late in the Torah". This gives the interpreter
>license to do almost anything. We just must remember that midrash is just
>that - midrash and not a literal interpretation.

HH: I cannot think of a place where Jesus changed
the order of the seven days. This looks like a
misunderstanding.

				Yours,
				Harold Holmyard