[b-hebrew] OT: a link about Modern Hebrew

Uri Hurwitz uhurwitz at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 11:19:34 EDT 2004

Yes, Vadim, unless they are Israeli scholars. Biblical study does not require any knowledge of modern Hebrew. I don't believe Gesenius knew it, nor for that matter Rashi or Ibn Ezra, or the translators of the LXX , nor the commentators of the Dead Sea Scrolls.
  Why someone would post an article here in Modern Heb., and one that has absolutely nothing to do with biblical Heb., (it deals with suggested reform of modern vowelling)  -- is a mystery.

 Uri

UUC <vadim_lv at center-tv.net> wrote:
???
Is it normal for the scholars of ancient Hebrew to not be able to read
Israeli newspaper?

Sincerely,

Vadim Cherny

> Is there a translation to either Biblical Hebrew or English for this
article? I found it gibberish, in other words, a foreign language I can't
understand.

> Karl W. Randolph.

few), but here is a link that may or may not be of interest, which I think
at least gives an example how a language develops. Noam Eitan, Brooklyn, NY

http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/pages/ShArtPE.jhtml?itemNo=435092&contrassID
=2&subContrassID=4&sbSubContrassID=0