[b-hebrew] Migdal-Eber

wattswestmaas wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Fri Jun 4 15:59:47 EDT 2004

Dear all,

Can anyone tell me if there is evidence that Migdal-Eber was a tower
situated on the road to Jersusalem north of Bet-lechem (Bethlehem) where
shepherds kept guard over the animals that were to be used for the temple
sacrifices.

This is in connection with Micah 4:8 where the word can be written as a
place name instead of: "tower of the flock". The other occurence to be found
in genesis just after Jacob buried his beloved Rachel.

Finally I would just like to know if the verb: Aleph-Tav-Heh used in this
sentence (Sometime Aleph-Tav-Aleph) belongs to the 'Lamed-aleph' or the
'Lamed-heh' conjugation.

Thankyou - chris