[b-hebrew] Pentateuch authorship inconsistencies - DH

Patrina patrina at bestmail.us
Thu Jun 3 20:40:43 EDT 2004

Uri,

I agree. Additionally, it would be anachronistic for Deut 16:22 to have
been written by the same author as Genesis 28:22, for example.

Deut 16:22 - Neither shall you set thee up [any] {'mastebah'} pillar;
which YHWH your Elohim hates.

Gen 28:22 - And this stone {eben}, which I have set [for] a 'matsebah',
shall be Elohim's house: and of all that you shall give me I will surely
give a tenth to You.

It also would be a very strange thing for Joshua (who was tutored by
Moses) to do, if he knew of/understood a divine authorship of the command
in Deut 16:22.

Josh 24:26 - And Joshua wrote these words in the book of the law of
Elohim, and took a great stone {eben}, and set it up there under an oak,
that [was] by the sanctuary of YHWH {bmiqdash YHWH}.

'bmiqdash YHWH' - IN the sanctuary of YHWH?

Patrina Nuske Small
Adelaide, South Australia

--
  Patrina