[b-hebrew] Weak verbs again - sorry

wattswestmaas wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Thu Jun 3 17:07:56 EDT 2004

Page H. Kelly has thrown up a verb in his book which does not fit any of his
'good' teaching; and van der Merwe's reference grammar leaves me also
twiddling my thumbs.  The verb is from Isaiah 49:14  --  ...and my Lord has
FORGOTTEN me...  --  I must say that i had really expected something like
SHaCaCHNi.  Kelly says also that ALL Lamed gutterals with added suffixes are
conjugated like their Strong verb counterparts (except two, but this one
does not fit into that category).  Van der Merwe on page 104/105 mentions
suffixes but alas that is no help either.

Since this verb is a QAL stem in the perfect 1st person,  WHY does it not
point the 'nice way' and the 'correct way'?   I have really tried to work
out what has been lengthened, changed or whatever.

I give up!!!

Thankyou all, Chris.