[b-hebrew] exodus, dating of linguistics

George F. Somsel gfsomsel at juno.com
Wed Jun 2 20:46:23 EDT 2004

Harold,

At the risk of opening a can of worms, I think Peter and Uri were
referring to JEDP and the Documentary Hypothesis.  According to this
Deuteronomy was "found" in the temple and was the impetus for the
Josianic reforms.  It was, shall I say, an "occassional piece", i.e.
written for the occassion.  The histories were then written upon the
program of Deuteronomy with the centralized sanctuary, etc.

What some say may not have been so that Uri referenced is that not all
agree to the Documentary Hypothesis.

As regards your "the Bible tells me so" approach --

"Things are not always as they seem.
Skim milk oft masquerades as cream."

gfsomsel
________