[b-hebrew] Moses

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Sat Jul 31 12:19:08 EDT 2004

On 31/07/2004 12:55, Brian Roberts wrote:

> It has been suggested that the Hebrews were on their way out of Egypt
> at the same exact time that the Hyksos were on their way in. I do not
> recall whose idea this was, or if it's been developed into a theory or
> not.
>
> Brian

This is another of David Rohl's ideas, although I'm not sure if it
originated with him. He identifies the Hyksos with the Amalekites who
fought with the Israelites in the narrow valley of Rephidim. These
Amalekites/Hyksos were on their way to Egypt to take advantage of the
power vacuum following the devastating plagues and the loss of the
Egyptian army in the "Red Sea". Rohl's Pharaoh of the Exodus was
Dudimose or Tutimaeus, recorded by Manetho as the one in whose reign the
Hyksos captured Egypt.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/