[b-hebrew] Ramases

Brian Roberts formoria at carolina.rr.com
Fri Jul 30 09:51:53 EDT 2004

On Friday, July 30, 2004, at 12:10  AM, Yigal Levin wrote:

> Marianne,
>
> Thanks for the explanation. The etymology, or perhaps etiology, given
> for
> Moshe in Exodus is obviously legendary,

Wait a second. How is it "obviously legendary"? Did anyone stop to
consider that the ark of reeds story was indicative of an actual ritual
of future rulers in the ANE? And that explains its multiple occurrences
just as well as the going theory that it is simply a borrowed story with
no real meaning to the Hebrews at all?

Best Salaams,

Brian Roberts