[b-hebrew] qedem

Patrina patrina at bestmail.us
Fri Jul 23 20:18:11 EDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:09:40 +0200, "Yigal Levin"
<leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il> said:
> In the verse that we're discussing (Deut. 33:27) Qedem is clearly
> paralleled
> with (olam, which means something like "forever" or "everlasting". What
> are "everlasting arms"?.

There is an iconic example in Egypt that identifies with this type of
poetic expression.  For an interesting comparison, look at the imagery
of the Aten depicted with rays of light extending down into "hands" of
beneficience and life.  It is interesting to see a "god of light" with
"arms" in action in such a depiction.

Patrina Nuske Small
Adelaide, South Australia
--