[b-hebrew] qedem

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Fri Jul 23 10:17:34 EDT 2004

On 23/07/2004 15:43, Yigal Levin wrote:

>I'm not using any Hebrew at all, but I was using David, which your computer may not have. I'l try to reset the default.

The issue may be that Yigal's e-mails are set to
"charset="windows-1255"" which means Hebrew. So mail readers choose to
render it with their default font for display of Hebrew text, which may
not be very suitable for display of English text.

The workaround, at least on Windows, is to choose a default font for
display of Hebrew text which looks reasonable in English, but also
supports Hebrew when necessary. You could try Arial or Tahoma, which
give reasonable sans-serif Latin script and Hebrew, or Times New Roman
which has more traditional shapes for Hebrew. These don't look very nice
with pointed Hebrew and don't support accents at all, but how often do
you receive pointed or accented Hebrew by e-mail?

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/