[b-hebrew] Encoding (font) conversions

Ken Penner pennerkm at mcmaster.ca
Fri Jul 23 10:08:16 EDT 2004

I've put together a web page with script that converts between legacy Hebrew
encodings (fonts) and Unicode.
To date I have added support for the following legacy encodings:

(1) SPTiberian (and its relatives, SPDamascus, SPEzra)
(2) an ASCII transliteration scheme like that used on B-Hebrew.

This latter option may be useful for those of you B-Hebrew users who prefer
to read and write your Hebrew in Unicode.

More encodings will be included as time permits. If you want your favorite
font added, email me a table showing which character in your font maps onto
which Hebrew character.

Ken Penner, M.C.S. (Regent College), M.A. (McMaster)
Ph.D. (cand.), Religious Studies,
Biblical Field (Early Judaism major)
McMaster University
Hamilton, Canada