[b-hebrew] BHS font

Pere Casanellas pere.casanellas at btlink.net
Fri Jul 23 04:12:27 EDT 2004

At 19:22 22/07/2004 +0100, Naomi Vandici wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
>I wonder which is the font used in BHS4 for the (main)
>text and whether there is a digitized version of it.
>Can anybody help? (Sorry it doesn't have anything to
>do with Biblical Hebrew.)
>
>Shalom!
>Naomi Vandici

It is a special font created to print this edition (see the Foreword of
BHS, p. XI, section 1). I do not think there is an exact digited version of
it. Linguist's Software (http://www.linguistsoftware.com/) has very good
Hebrew fonts and its Hebraica II font has been licensed to produce the
Biblia Hebraica Quinta. You can look also at the new font of the Society of
Biblical Literature (http://www.sbl-site.org/Resources/default.aspx) and at
the different fonts listed on my web pages (page 23), see below.

Best wishes,

--
Pere Casanellas
E-mail: pere.casanellas at btlink.net