[b-hebrew] Akhenaten and Hebrew religion

Brian Roberts formoria at carolina.rr.com
Wed Jul 21 21:33:37 EDT 2004

Karl,

Ex. 1:11 says the new Pharaoh set up treasure cities at Pithom and
Raamses.

The land of Goshen is mentioned in Ex. 8:22 as being the place where the
Hebrews were quartered. This is in way connected to the palace of
Pharaoh. Again in Ex. 9:26 the Hebrews are located in Goshen, which was
said to be immune to the plagues. Were the Pharaoh's palace and main
army there, they would have fallen under that immunity, according to the
rules of the story.

Besides, the first-born son of Amenhotep III and Queen Tiye - Tuthmosis
did die before he could reach the throne. I can see how this story could
have been the impetus for the death of the first-born plague in Exodus.