[b-hebrew] weyiqtol

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Tue Jul 20 01:07:21 EDT 2004

On Monday 19 July 2004 20:46, cmeadows3 at verizon.net wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please forgive me if this is redundant.  I was reading Rolf Furuli's
> excellent paper on pragmatic and semantic factors.  I've not heard of
> "WEYIQTOL" as a tense before.

It isn't.  It's the yiqtol tense with a conjunction.  Hence, in your example
below, you would be correct.  There is a distinct difference between the
weyiqtol, which is actually two words, and wayyiqtol, which is one word
(Rolf's difference of opinion notwithstanding).  The former is a common tense
with a simple conjunction, the latter is a distinct form with different force
than the latter.

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur