[b-hebrew] The cause of the transferral of Israel's high priesthoodfrom Eleazar?

Jonathan D. Safren yonsaf at beitberl.ac.il
Sat Jul 17 02:59:33 EDT 2004

Chronicles "doctors" the genealogies. The Chronist makes Samuel a Levite,
instead of an Ephraimite as in 1 Samuel 1:1, because in his time, with the
Torah already out and operative, a non-Levite couldn't have assumed priestly
functions.
Sincerely,
Jonathan D. Safren, Editor
Mo'ed - Annual for Jewish Studies