[b-hebrew] The cause of the transferral of Israel's high priesthood from Eleazar?

Kevin W. Woodruff cierpke at prodigy.net
Fri Jul 16 22:18:30 EDT 2004

Friends at B-Hebrew:

I was asked by one of my students why during the time
of Eli was the high priestly line transferred from the
descendents of Eleazar to the line of Ithamar, since
it is obvious that the line of Eleazar continued to
have descendents according to 1 Chronicles 6:3-8?

Any thoughts?

Kevin

=====
Prof. Kevin W. Woodruff, M. Div., M. S. I. S.
Library Director/Reference Librarian, Professor of Bible and Greek
423/493-4252 (office) 423/493-4423 (home) 423/493-4497 (FAX)
Cierpke at prodigy.net  http://pages.prodigy.net/cierpke/woodruff.htm