[b-hebrew] Kadeshah & Zonah in Genesis 32 + More

Harold R. Holmyard III hholmyard at ont.com
Fri Jul 16 11:32:09 EDT 2004

Dear George,

>You seem to rely to a considerable degree on supposition.  It seems
>better to me to simply go with what is indicated in the text.

HH: You're left with the question why God allowed His chosen people
to suffer 430 years of Egyptian bondage. They were a people in
covenant with God (Gen 17:9). God promised to bless Abraham yet told
Abraham his offspring would be oppressed and enslaved 400 years.
There must have been a powerful reason for that, since God is
sovereign. It may be preferable to be a slave in Egypt than a
debauched sinner in Canaan.

				Yours,
				Harold Holmyard