[b-hebrew] Ark of the Covenant (Update)

Walter R. Mattfeld mattfeld12 at charter.net
Fri Jul 16 08:07:08 EDT 2004

At times it is very difficult to determine with tiny seal engravings what is
being represented. The rectangular shape under Pharaoh's throne which I
thought "might be" a chest could also conceivably represent legs constructed
rather like a wooden picture frame for strength, in which case the area
inside the frame would be open space and NOT a chest. I just recently came
across such an example of a portable throne for Pharaoh Akhenaten and I have
added this illustration to my website, with a cautionary note. If interested
please cf. the following url and scroll down to the end of the article for
the update.

http://www.bibleorigins.net/cherubthroneside.html

Regards, Walter

Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld y de la Torre, M.A. Ed.

mattfeld12 at charter.net

www.bibleorigins.net