[b-hebrew] Psalm 4:7 nun samech heh instead of nun shin alef

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Wed Jul 14 19:51:47 EDT 2004

A connected question: what form did ancient battle standards take?

It is my understanding that ancient standards were not flags, as were European ones from a few hundred years ago to today, rather they were made of poles topped with a polished or gold plated symbol that shone, sparkled or flashed in sunlight. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong.

If the above is correct, then Psalm 4:7 is referring to having light “shine upon us” with the verb listed as NSS נםם.

Karl W. Randolph.