[b-hebrew] "Sodomite" in 2 Kings 23.7

George F. Somsel gfsomsel at juno.com
Tue Jul 13 19:36:20 EDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:06:10 -0500 "Dora Smith" <villandra at austin.rr.com>
writes:
> But what I want to know is, what is it that they were weaving?
>
> Yours,
> Dora Smith
> Austin, Texas
> villandra at austin.rr.com

The term used for that is B.fTiYM which is the pl of B."YT "house."  This
doesn't make much sense to me -- and apparently not for others as well.
The LXX gives XETTIN for which I have no definition, the Vulgate
domunculas "little houses", and English translations generally
"hangings."

george
gfsomsel