[b-hebrew] REPLY TO AMALEK

wattswestmaas wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Tue Jul 13 13:47:51 EDT 2004

Thankyou all for your input.  My personal development in this topic was not
conveyed but I would like to mention it if I may.

There is certainly a physical reality to Amalek and one that is applicable
for today and one that was real and applicable then.  But on an
ethical/moral/spiritual ground and gleaned mostly from the manner in which
the hebrew is conveyed I am led to conclude that Amalek represents anything
and everything that attempts to CONCEAL the reality of God  --  hence God's
intervention with the words: 'A hand upon/against the throne of God, this is
a war for the Lord from generation to generation'.  His hand wants to reign!
Amalek is deffinately singled out for special attention in a way that could
be descibed of many other nations.   But in this story he did something that
the other nations dared not  --  the others were awestruck by these slaves
leaving Egypt and resulting in the PRIDE of EGYPT being destroyed,  Amalek
considered this as nothing!  That was his mistake FOREVER!

Chris, Ireland.