[b-hebrew] RE: Amalek

Dora Smith villandra at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 13 12:17:35 EDT 2004

Well, according to the histories that I have, the Amelekites were an example
of a southern desert people that the Israelites actively competed with and
also had constant problems with.    That story occurred over a long period
of time and probably wasn't dead yet when the Assyrians moved into the area!
In fact, I don't think those bedouins ever disappeared, just changed into a
different name.

I would like to read the fascinating findings about Amelekites that you
wrote you found!

I think there was discussion about them in some BAR articles, particularly
those about standing stones.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas