[b-hebrew] Amalekites again!

wattswestmaas wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Mon Jul 12 08:33:17 EDT 2004

Dear All,

I have gathered quite some fascinating information about Amalek but I am
still busy trying to reconcile the two statements in Exodus and Deutoronomy
where it is said: "Remember what  Amalek did.... therefore you shall erase
the memory of Amalek etc..." Bearing in mind a host of other nations who
opposed Israel one is perplexed at the importance to remember Amalek AND
erase NOT AMALEK but the memory of him.  I know that some may say that this
is one and the same thing but there are too many lose ends with this
conclusion.

While in its most obvious setting this can be understood to a degree, I
would appreciate insights from other people who may have already looked into
this topic.

Regards Chris.