[b-hebrew] Spatial preposition ADei (Ayin Dalet Yod)

wattswestmaas wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Sun Jul 4 14:54:27 EDT 2004

Subject:  Ayin dalet with suffixes

Hallo members,  I am having difficulty grasping that preposition, which is
only used about 25 times in the whole of scripture, ADei, ADeiCHa and so on.

It is defined as a preposition that indicates the GOAL of a process. Right
thanks?!  Having read and re-read the scriptures where it is used I am none
the wiser in understanding it, except maybe that the subject is often both
the Process and the Goal.  The only other concept that i can deduce from its
use is that the process that is referred to is in its OWN NATURAL motion and
the end is of course one of perpetuality.

Certainly one is missing something by translating this prepositional form as
'forever'.

Can you please help.

Chris.