[b-hebrew] Benjamin

peterg45 at excite.com peterg45 at excite.com
Sat Jul 3 23:09:00 EDT 2004

Fellow HB's
   I feel that one must refrain from reading too much into a single vocabulary, such as Benjamin.
   In English, originally "Red Neck" [I realize that is two words]  referred to a man's occupation - one who worked out in the sun in contrast to one who worked in a shop or factory.
   In our present age "Red Neck" has become a term to describe a person who doesn't quite follow the norms of society and marries his cousin, etc. My given name is "Gordon", which I think means "valiant one." However, I do not ride around on a white steed rescuing ladies in distress.
   The concept a word describes does change and develop!

Peter Gordon